Saturday 21 March 2015

Hello you Hello me



Saturday Afternoon Sew Magazine Free Pattern 
Made a top! not a dress., 
Using only the top 2 pieces and 2 facings, I
 have straight cut the top at the sides, there will be no darts. 
It will be a short shell top with a cute neckline.
Perfect for high waisted work skirts and a jacket…….
Fabric is kasbah in poppy by Joel Dewberry from his new Flora Collection.
http://blondedesign-astitchintime.com/collecti…/fabric/Flora

excuse the fact I have not brushed my hair for 12 hours, applied any more lippy, but you will get the picture me in my new top :-)



First the pleats are in, and stay stitched.



I love doing french seams, 
not asked for in the pattern
but makes for a nice neat top at shoulders and side seam smile emoticon



Neck facing - note to self,
sort out your exposed overlocked edge before taking photo  lol.
Then turned pressed and large straight stitch to finish.



Armhole bias binding the edge, 
I chose to use a cheeky contrasting polka dot bias binding, from my stock of over 250..
this one is 18mm red spot.


Finished Pleated Front


Finished back with button holes rather than zip
all odd in size and shade to add a bit of quirk!

And as First picture worn by me
Happy Saturday Peeps
Kxxxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all you comments, ideas and things that may even help out!